Question about diagnosis

Do you have questions about psychopathy, psychopaths and victimization of victims? Help us create a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for this site.
Strongmama

Question about diagnosis

Post by Strongmama »

Hello! Our couples therapist terminated couples therapy with us bc she felt it provided a platform for my husband to emotionally harm me. She told me after that she believes he has psychopathy. He is getting a psychological evaluation next month, and so am I. Will the evaluator test for psychopathy? Should I tell her what the couples therapist said? If he does score high on psychopathic traits, will the evaluator necessarily tell him? Trying to figure out my next moves. Thank you!!
Blahina123

Re: Question about diagnosis

Post by Blahina123 »

Am not an expert, but am a woman who was married to a psychopath for over 20 years. Yes, tell the evaluator the couples therapist opinion. It may clue in the evaluator to ask more probing questions since this sounds like a one-time evaluation. A charming psychopath can fool an expert. Your husband's been in therapy so he knows the ropes.

I would guess your h would be evaluated for that and other personality disorders. I'm unsure about medical confidentiality laws in your area. In mine, the spouse with the diagnosis can keep it private unless they want to divulge it to the other spouse. I imagine your husband will lie about the diagnosis if he is told and can by law keep it private.