Paranoid or not?

Do you have questions about psychopathy, psychopaths and victimization of victims? Help us create a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for this site.
alexdavid

Paranoid or not?

Post by alexdavid »

For a long time I've been having trouble distinguishing whether I am paranoid or not when it comes to the P.
My gut feeling has always been screaming that he is out to get me and I occasionally get very scared that he is going to eventually try to kill me or harm me in some way, although we haven't had contact in a while now.

Before, there were some incidents, namely, involving a smear campaign behind my back. Before I knew it was going on I actually had a feeling that it was going on, but worst of all is that all of my friends were trying to convince me that I was completely paranoid. People aren't that bad, they were saying. Later it turned out, I was not paranoid at all. In fact, it was even worse than I suspected.
Now a few strange things have been happening. To describe it most vaguely, my father was anonymously reported for something he didn't do and it affected his income. He provided evidence that the report was false and it was all sorted out. Still, he doesn't know who reported him and most importantly why. This could possibly be explained in other ways and the P never had any contact with my family while we were in contact, but I keep worrying that he might have something to do with these events. He has a lot of contacts willing to do him favors and he has a lot of money. It seems insane that he would go through such length to try to harm me or my family in some way and in another country even, but I don't know what to think anymore. Am I paranoid or am I not paranoid enough?
Is there any information that can be found on this phenomena?
Greentree

Re: Paranoid or not?

Post by Greentree »

Alexdavid, I'm sorry this happened and is happening. I do not have anything certain to say because a very similar thing is happening to me, I constantly worry I'm paranoid but I just have this sick gut feeling nearly all the time that I'm being smear campaigned in particular. People who know me keep telling me I'm being paranoid too, and when I tell them things the P said they say 'I didn't hear any threat in what they said to you' or similar so it makes me wonder more and more if I'm just imagining it. But my gut is literally screaming at me and there are very small signs I am right, eg a person I barely know recently phoned someone close to me and happened to mention the P had been finding me difficult because I'd been pushing their boundaries and the P had needed to be very clear with me that this was not okay. I've never done this of course, it is what the P does continually. The fact the P had said this to this person was exactly what I feared, but I had zero logical reason to suspect it, yet it had in fact happened as I feared. I was just amazed when I found out, because I realised I had not been paranoid but instead my gut was right. How I still don't know. I feel I'm going mad sometimes. My gut says no, this is definitely, definitely not paranoid, there is something going on and I just know this somehow. I'm trying to trust my gut. I'm sorry I don't have anything more concrete, however I really really doubt you're paranoid in any way.