Announcement - New Feature

Announcements from Aftermath moderators and administrators
aftermath

Announcement - New Feature

Post by aftermath »

We are launching a new feature to make our website more useful. We have identified a small number of our long-time Forum members as Friends of Aftermath in recognition of their contributions to the Forum. Friends are individuals who have, among other qualities, demonstrated through their posts that they have an orientation toward helping those who post in the Forum.

Please welcome as Friends of Aftermath - Elise, Braveheart, and Matty.

We hope that this feature is helpful. We encourage our users to give us feedback about this idea and about other features of the website. We value your input.

David S. Kosson, Ph.D.
President, Aftermath: Surviving Psychopathy Foundation
Eyeswideopen

Re: Announcement - New Feature

Post by Eyeswideopen »

The feature is definitely helpful. I know for sure through my experience here that both Elise and Braveheart are spot on with their advice. Matty, I'm not discounting you but I am yet to know some of your thoughts. I know you are deserving of this status as well, so thank you all for your input, it helps greatly.
origami

Post by origami »

[quote="aftermath"]
Friends are individuals who have, among other qualities, demonstrated through their posts that they have an orientation toward helping those who post in the Forum. [/quote]

I can say from the point of view of someone who has been reading aftermath a very long time that I recognise you are rewarding prolific posters (Matty the exception) but I wonder if you are therefore, inadvertently or not, supporting personal opinions and in doing so giving them credence and power beyond their due?
Braveheart

Post by Braveheart »

[quote="origami"]
I can say from the point of view of someone who has been reading aftermath a very long time that I recognise you are rewarding prolific posters (Matty the exception) but I wonder if you are therefore, inadvertently or not, supporting personal opinions and in doing so giving them credence and power beyond their due?[/quote]

Origami,

I can assure you that I do not feel that I have power beyond my due on this forum. I have no more power than any other member here.
Braveheart.
origami

Post by origami »

hmmm perhaps then there are some missing friends!