PRESS RELEASE

Announcements from Aftermath moderators and administrators
cherub

Re: PRESS RELEASE

Post by cherub »

kudos to you.
five stars and an oscar to boot. if pulitzers were handed out for this sort of writing, you would get one of those too.
but where are you releasing this article? newspaper, magazine, in chicago, in canada? i am asking so that i may alert others who need to see it.
my gratitude for necessary work and succinct writing.
Jem

Post by Jem »

This article captures the essence of everything we survivors are dealing with so perfectly. Furthermore, it gives credence to how much we're suffering and makes us VISIBLE to the public and gives voice to our experiences. One of the worst side effects of being targeted by psychopaths, as you mentioned, is being disbelieved and denied by those around us. When I first came here in June, I was flooded with emotion and gratitude because of the acceptance and validation I received, and cried many tears because I was finally believed.

Thank you so much John and Dave, and all of you for your tremendous efforts in recognizing the collateral damage caused by these disordered individuals, and for giving us this safe, warm place where we can share our stories, learn and grow together, and heal. Perhaps society will begin to awaken to this pervasive problem.

~Jem
Empathy

Post by Empathy »

Bravo to the entire staff of Aftermath!! Your work is so important ... you are paving the way for victims of psychopaths.

Thank you!! Thank you!!! THANK YOU!!!!

I hope your work and research shines a great light on this dark subject, and helps to empower those who are affected by them.

Love and Peace,
Empathy
EDawn

Post by EDawn »

I just found this site today. I am in the 3rd month of a divorce, and hiding at a friend's house. I have lost my entire religious community and many friends. They all think my husband is wonderful. I have a small handful of people who believe me. The rest believe my husband and think I am crazy, or whatever it is he is telling them now. It has been a nightmare. They can't believe such a great guy could try to kill me.... I have to be the nutcase of the two...

But when the divorce is over, I may be much poorer in property and money...(I ran and left everything behind...the courts let him stay on the property because I "abandoned it") but at least I am still alive and can live a a bit freer. I plan to change my name. It won't keep him from finding me, but it might make it hard enough for him to give up on me and to move on.

I think this site will help me. At least I hope it will. It is so hard to run from someone who is trying to kill you, and to be hated by most of those you loved, all at the same time. And yes, I know, they weren't really friends if they were so quick to abandon me...but it hurts anyway...