Controlling Ex still ruining my live

The executive committee of the Aftermath:Surviving Psychopathy Foundation has compiled a list of questions frequently asked by people who have been closely associated with a psychopathic individual. Read this forum to see the questions and our answers.
MovingOnUp

Controlling Ex still ruining my live

Post by MovingOnUp »

I first started divorce proceedings against my ex 10 years ago. We had only been married for one year at that point.

He managed to delay and obstruct the proceedings for a further 6 years.

But finally being divorced wasn’t the final resolution I thought it would be.

Because we have children he has been controlling, abusing, manipulating and harassing me multiple times every day. Whether the children are with him or with me.

Generally 9-13 instances of contact every day.

Over the years I have secured several injunctions against him- however at our last hearing the judge removed them all. He is a very well paid professional and comes across extremely well in court.

The only solution I could think of was to run away yet again despite being fully divorced. And leave my support network, friends and job. He tried to prevent the move. And After a year of battle through the courts myself and the children were granted full permission to move across the country.

That brought us approximately 1 month of peace. But he has now bought a house round the corner. And has secured 50/50 custody of the children.

The abusive has now ramped up a level and he is doing what he can to bulldoze and manipulate me and the children and threatening me with sanctions of breaching court orders.

I feel completely broken. Friends and family have tried to help over the years but they are exhausted and worn out too.

I don’t know who can help a woman who has left an abusive relationship but is still being abused.
Blahina123

Re: Controlling Ex still ruining my live

Post by Blahina123 »

Am sorry this is happening to you.

This organization of attorneys helps women in abusive situations: https://www.womenslaw.org Am hoping they can help you with an ex who is using the courts to control you. Your situation is not uncommon especially when you have children together.

For the day to day, can you safely ignore some of the communications from him? I would suggest making copies of all texts and emails. Get some home security cameras and keep your phone ready to call for help.

My ex-husband harassed me after the divorce, asking for money and acting like the divorce never took place. It's definitely difficult to deal with these psychopaths. I had to assess his weaknesses and strengths to figure out how to best protect myself.