Suicide question

Do you have questions about psychopathy, psychopaths and victimization of victims? Help us create a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for this site.
Johnny

Suicide question

Post by Johnny »

I have a general question to ask the experts regarding suicide. This question in no way suggests that I. Or anyone else is in mortal danger. I am in fact no way suicidal.
Is a person that commits suicide "mentally unstable" or is there a logical reason for this action-in accepting the lessor of evils? (The captain of the Titanic comes to mind).
MsParker

Re: Suicide question

Post by MsParker »

As the mom of a kid with borderline personality disorder I've learned that virtually none of the information readily out there is accurate about suicide.

Suicidal thoughts and actions are the same kind of physiological reaction to a bodies functioning as a heart attack is to blood vessels blocking oxygen to tissue.

The idea of mental stability is a really, really, really, subjective concept. Using it as a reference prevents an accurate description of suicide from being described.

There really, really, really, needs to be better information out there from the medical community. Until the public understands suicide as a medical condition, we won't be able to reduce the risk level for completion.