Technical difficulties resolved we hope

Announcements from Aftermath moderators and administrators
ljleedom

Technical difficulties resolved we hope

Post by ljleedom »

Dear Aftermath members,

It looks like the forum was hacked a week ago. I do not think this was someone specifically targeting us due to our mission. Nor was the database with your email addresses compromised. Instead code redirecting visitors to malicious sites was placed on our site.

Please keep in mind we are at this point an all volunteer organization and I am a psychiatrist/psychology professor not an IT professional. I deeply regret the length of time it took to get back to where we were prior to the hack, that was due to limitations in my knowledge/preparedness. We learned a great deal in this process and are taking steps to prevent further interruptions and planning a response to another attack as this seems to be now a way of life for the web.

If you ever try to log on to the site and are redirected to "malware.com" please help by notifying us immediately!

Thankfully Paul as saved copies of many of the posts that were made this week so we may be able to save even more. The good news is that we know how to preserve the database so we will not ever be in a situation of losing all our important data- which represents your blood, sweat and tears and is very important to all victims.

Over the next two weeks we hope to be making further improvements to the site that will also enhance security.

Liane