Aftermath Radio

Announcements from Aftermath moderators and administrators
RobertS

Aftermath Radio

Post by RobertS »

Hello everyone.

My name is Robert Schug, and I am on the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of Aftermath. I am also a psychopathy researcher and Assistant Professor in the Department of Criminal Justice at California State University, Long Beach.

I am writing today to tell you about an idea we've recently had called "Aftermath Radio." This will be a 60 minute talk radio program broadcast weekly from KBEACH (www.kbeach.org), an internet radio station located on the campus of my university. I will be hosting the program, which is aimed at raising awareness about psychopathy and its devastating effects on victims/survivors. Each week I will interview researchers and clinicians and hope to balance that content with calls from actual family members/friends/victims who would tell their stories. The show has been approved and the first air date is scheduled for Tuesday, October 5, at 4pm PST.

We are hoping Aftermath Radio will be a success and will eventually gain momentum with increased listenership. On that note, I do encourage everyone to listen to the show and provide me with any feedback you might have. Any thoughts, ideas, and suggestions for improving it would be most appreciated. Additionally, as the show is designed as a forum for the voice of the psychopathy victim/survivor, I would encourage you to call into the show and participate if (a) you would be comfortable doing so, and (b) it is convenient to do so depending upon where you live. We would not use caller names or identify them in any way. In fact, it is important to ensure everyone’s safety that callers do not identify themselves or the people they talk about by name. I understand there may be additional concerns, and I am happy to do whatever is necessary to address/accommodate those as well.

Furthermore, with the initial broadcast rapidly approaching, it would be nice to secure some folks as callers for the first episode. If anyone is interested, please do let me know ASAP, as October 5 is rapidly approaching. I would be happy to arrange a telephone conversation with you before the broadcast to explain things further, if necessary.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Best,

Robert A. Schug, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice and Forensic Psychology
Department of Criminal Justice
California State University, Long Beach
rschug@csulb.edu